Shubham Jaiswal ([email protected])
In a wipe to break the chain of coronavirus infection, a complete lockdown has been enforced in Thane and two other civic administration limits adjoining Mumbai city, from today. The lockdown which came into force from 7 am today will continue till 7 am on July 12.
The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), Kalyan Dombivali Municipal Corporation (KDMC) and Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation, all parts of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), jointly decided on the complete lockdown for next 10 days.
These Things are allowed:
1) Essential services and medical emergencies are exempted.
2) Movement of all essential goods as well as perishable items.
3) Banks, ATMs, IT, ITeS, India Post, internet and data services.
4) Medical shops will be exempted from the lockdown
These Things are not allowed:
1) Inter-city buses, Autorickshaws, taxis and app-based cabs will not be allowed
2) Non-essential services will not operate during this period.
Movement of vehicles for puroposes other than medical and essential travel be allowed, the order said.